Income Tax Department has updated the Form 16 and Form 26Q. The effective date for the same is 12th May 2019.
A. In Form No. 16:
- The “Notes” occurring after “Part A” has removed;
- “Part B” (Annexure), has been replaced with new “Annexure” as show bellow
- Government deductors to fill information in item I of Part A if tax is paid without production of an income-tax challan and in item II of Part A if tax is paid accompanied by an income-tax challan.
- Non-Government deductors to fill information in item II of Part A.
- The deductor shall furnish the address of the Commissioner of Income-tax (TDS) having jurisdiction as regards TDS statements of the assessee.
- If an assessee is employed under one employer only during the year, certificate in Form No. 16 issued for the quarter ending on 31st March of the financial year shall contain the details of tax deducted and deposited for all the quarters of the financial year.
- If an assessee is employed under more than one employer during the year, each of the employers shall issue Part A of the certificate in Form No. 16 pertaining to the period for which such assessee was employed with each of the employers.
- Part B (Annexure) of the certificate in Form No.16 may be issued by each of the employers or the last employer at the option of the assessee.
- In Part A, in items I and II, in the column for tax deposited in respect of deductee, furnish total amount of tax, surcharge and health and education cess.
- Deductor shall duly fill details, where available, in item numbers 2(f) and 10(k) before furnishing of Part B (Annexure) to the employee.”;
B. in Form No. 24Q
- “Annexure II”, has been Replaced with new “Annexure” as show bellow
Below is the complete notification:
Disclaimer: Due care has been taken to draft this write-up and is intended to express the Authors understanding and to start an academic discussion on the subject discussed in above write-up. it should not be considered as professional advice. Readers are advised to refer to relevant provisions of law before applying any of the above-mentioned views. The author accepts no responsibility whatsoever and will not be liable for any losses, claims or damages which may arise because of the content of this write-up.